Service and Troubleshooting
John Hope Electric’s team of state-certified electricians is here to troubleshoot any electrical problems you may have, and fix any electrical repairs you might need. Whether repairing an electrical outlet, installing a new light fixture or rewiring your entire home, no job is too small or too big for John Hope Electric. We respond quickly to calls throughout our service area, which includes Santa Cruz and the surrounding region.
In any type of electrical emergency, call 911. It’s important to know where all electrical panels in your home are located, including your main shut-off. All electrical panels should be clearly labeled. (If they aren’t, we can help you with this.)
Before you call us about an outlet, light fixture or electric circuit that isn’t working, there are a few things you can check first. This could save you a service call or save time that our electricians will have to spend troubleshooting. For power failures, check all circuit breakers in all electric panels. For some types, it is difficult to see if a breaker is tripped. After making sure that no critical equipment will be affected (computers in use, etc.), the best way to make sure a breaker is 'on' is to shut it ‘off:’ push the handle to the 'off' position hard, then push it back to 'on'.
Next, check for tripped 'GFCI' (Ground Fault Circuit Interruption) outlets. These are the special outlets with the little buttons on the front. GFCI outlets are usually found in kitchens, bathrooms, garages and outside. Often, a regular-style outlet in one bathroom is controlled by a GFCI outlet in another bathroom. Also, don't forget to make sure all switches are on, cords are plugged in and lightbulbs are good.
To our valued customers: We have a 2-hour minimum charge for service calls.
Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair services we offer include the following:
- Commercial and residential electrical repair
- Residential and commercial remodeling
- Landscape lighting and outdoor lighting maintenance
- Parking lot and security lighting maintenance
- Electrical circuits for pools, spas and fountains
- Generator installation and sales
- Generator transfer-switch installation
- Computer circuits
- Breaker/fuse replacement and panel change-outs
- Circuit upgrades
- Light fixture installations
- Switch or outlet replacements
- Ground fault circuit interruptor (GFCI) installments
- Electrical service upgrades
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Home electrical inspections
- Corporate maintenance contracts!
We pride ourselves in contributing to the safety, well-being and value of our community.